AlterG anti-gravity treadmill
This is a medical tool that allows total control of the body weight borne by the legs, through the use of air in a controlled pressure chamber gently that lifts the patient.
Thanks to its precise calibration, it allows a reduction in body weight of between 20% and 100% in 1% increments, which no other weight-reduction system is capable of achieving.
Although traditional rehabilitation, such as water therapy, helps reduce joint impact, it has two major disadvantages. Unlike the Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill, water therapy cannot quantify the weight reduction applied and, when the patient gets out of the water, their legs have to bear a very sudden change in weight, without any possibility of a progressive increase.
In contrast, the Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill allows complete freedom of movement in the lower limbs and the upper body, which is why the sensation of running is totally real. In the case of injuries where the patient's stability and balance are affected, they feel much more secure, which reduces the risk of them falling.
- Rehabilitation of injuries to the lower limbs (fractures, postoperative meniscus, ligament and cartilage effects, bone oedema, complex regional pain syndrome, etc.).
- Treatment of neurological lesions (CVA, spinal injury, neuromuscular patients with weak musculature, preventing falls due to stability problems, etc.).
- Lumbar pathology (vertebral fractures, spinal disc herniation, osteoporosis, etc.).
- General maintenance to fight against illnesses in senior citizens.
- It enables the protection of the damaged tissue.
- It increases the range of movement.
- Quicker return to physical activity by the patient
- Encourages a faster return of motor control.
Continue reading about services and innovation:Helpline 24/365. Línea Universal
Do you want find out more about our services?